ADVICE AND TIPS ON CARING FOR YOUR DENTURES
- Only your dental professional is qualified to properly adjust your denture or partial.
- Dentures should be brushed inside and outside daily with a soft, large nylon denture tooth brush with round-ended bristles.
- Use denture creams instead of toothpastes, which can be abrasive and scratch your denture. Rinse with cold water.
- Dentures can warp if placed in hot water.
- Inspect your denture regularly for worn, broken, or stained teeth.
- Discuss all your current medications with your doctor and dental professional.
- Be sure to visit your dental professional regularly.
- Have loose dentures checked immediately as they can cause friction and pressure on the gum tissues and bones.
- When not in your mouth, cover dentures with water or a denture-cleaning solution in a covered case (we will provide!) to prevent them from drying out. Keep all oral prosthetics and appliances away from dogs, they love to chew them!
- Most dental insurance policies provide coverage for new dentures every 5 years.